This program is targeted to meet the professional needs of persons engaged in intelligence, security, police management, forensic and cyber-crime investigations. Courses will be delivered by highly qualified instructors and will be conducted in seminar-style, using problem-based teaching approaches.
Campus: Main Campus
Total Programme Credits: 42
Programme Duration: 2 years
Programme Delivery: Face-to-face/Blended
Bachelor’s degree from an approved/recognized university with a B+ average or Upper Second Class honors or an equivalent GPA
Bachelor’s degree with a lower than B+ average but with compensating experience in the field of national security, intelligence, and criminal justice (3-5 years) and/or additional qualifications such as a diploma or certificate in National Security and Intelligence Studies.
There is provision to accept non-standard applicants who do not satisfy the standard academic criterion:
Applicants must produce evidence of relevant and equivalent experience and their suitability for the course.
Such applicants would normally be senior police and army officers or senior civilian personnel working with police and security agencies or in public-sector organizations concerned with crime, security and police-related operations.
Applicants may also be requested to complete selected prerequisite courses as directed by the USC.
- NSIS521 Seminar in Security Studies 3
- NSIS531 Seminar in Intelligence Studies 3
- NSIS561 Research Methodology I 3
- NSIS562 Research Methodology II 2
- NSIS522 National and Regional Security 3
- NSIS532 Intelligence Operations and Intelligence Organizations 3
- NSIS541 Seminar in Terrorism and Political Violence 3
- Seminar in Protecting Critical Infrastructure-Policies & Processes 3
- NSIS571 Spanish Workshop I 1
- NSIS671 Spanish Workshop II (Reading and Translation) 1
- NSIS572 Distinguished Seminar I (Topics in National Security & Intelligence Studies) 1
- NSIS672 Distinguished Seminar II (Topics in National Security & Intelligence Studies) 1
- NSIS695 Master’s Thesis 6
CONCENTRATIONS (9 Credits) 9
National and International Security
NSIS623 International Security in a Changing World 3
NSIS624 National Security and Intelligence Challenges 3
NSIS625 Current Security Issues in the Caribbean 3
Intelligence Analysis and Management
NSIS633 Improving Intelligence Analysis through Critical Thinking 3
NSIS662 Structured Analytic Techniques and Case 3
NSIS663 Intelligence Analysis and National Security 3
Terrorism and Counterterrorism Studies
NSIS642 Seminar in the History of Ancient and Modern Terrorism 3
NSIS643 Suicide and Religious Terrorism 3
NSIS644 Counterterrorism Strategies and Policy 3