The Gillian Bernard Music Scholarship
Gillian Bernard was an educator who graduated from Andrews University with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education in 2013. She died unexpectedly on her birthday, November 6th, 2020. Gillian, however, had a passion for music. She enjoyed singing and playing soprano and alto saxophone. She joined the USC University Choir and Orchestra in 2018 as an alto.
Gillian was a quiet and humble person who loved helping others. Having a Trust Fund to help Music students is one way of ensuring her giving spirit continues as well as assisting others in their academic careers in Music.
The Gillian Bernard Music Scholarship will be awarded competitively among students enrolled in the Music Degree Program of the University of the Southern Caribbean, based on the applicant’s academic achievements, demonstration of financial need, strong Christian values and high determination for the achievement of goals. This scholarship will be awarded once per academic year, for an amount of Five Thousand, TTD Dollars (TTD$5,000.00). The scholarship award may be divided among multiple qualified applicants.
Award Amount: $5,000 TTD (may be divided among multiple qualified applicants)
Application Deadline: October 15, 2021
Application Link: The Gillian Bernard Music Scholarship Application Form
- Must be currently pursuing a degree in Music
- Must have completed at least one semester of schooling at USC
- Must maintain a GPA 2.5
- Must demonstrate a persevering spirit
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must be active in church activities
- Must demonstrate evidence of good character and willingness to assist others
- Articulate evidence of financial need, evidence of perseverance and involvement in church activities.
- Articulate how the acquisition of this music degree will affect your plans for the future.
- Upload evidence of current semester’s registration and GPA.
- Upload two letters of reference; one from a character reference and one from a professional or academic supervisor.
- Successful Bougainvillea Academic Merit Scholarship recipients will be notified in writing of their awards by the USC Scholarship Committee. Recipients will be required to acknowledge receipt of their awards and submit a “Thank You” email to the donor(s) before the scholarship is credited to their account.
- The Scholarship Committee may request additional information from scholarship recipients to be utilized for USC’s Scholarship Awards Day.