The Bougainvillea Academic Merit Scholarship
The University of the Southern Caribbean’s Bougainvillea Academic Merit Scholarships are awarded competitively among eligible deserving undergraduate students at USC’s Main Campus, Maracas Valley, St. Joseph, Trinidad based on the applicant’s strengths and needs. This award of merit will be in the amount of (One Thousand, T&T Dollars) T&T$1,000.00, awarded one time only per recipient.
Award Amount: $1,000 TT
Application Deadline: October 15, 2021
Application Link: The Bougainvillea Academic Merit Scholarship Application Form
- Students from the Caribbean region (T&T nationals eligible if enrolled in programmes NOT funded by GATE)
- Enrolled/accepted at USC’s Main Campus.
- Applicants should be registered (completed or in-process) for no less than 9 credits in the semester in which they apply.
- New Students: A minimum 3.0 high school GPA (equivalent to A- or an A average), or a minimum of five Grade Ones in their presented CSEC subjects.
- Returning Students: 3.0 Cumulative GPA.
- Articulate evidence of financial need.
- Upload an official copy of your high school transcript OR CSEC Grades (First semester freshmen only).
- Upload two letters of reference; one from a character reference and one from a professional or academic supervisor.
- Successful Bougainvillea Academic Merit Scholarship recipients will be notified in writing of their awards by the USC Scholarship Committee. Recipients will be required to acknowledge receipt of their awards and submit a “Thank You” email to the donor(s) before the scholarship is credited to their account.
- The Scholarship Committee may request additional information from scholarship recipients to be utilized for USC’s Scholarship Awards Day.