Re-admission after Degree Completion

Students who graduate from USC and wish to take additional courses, must apply for readmission before additional course work can be recorded on the transcript.

Undeclared Status

Normally, upon admission into a programme, a student declares a major. However, a student may be granted “undeclared status.” This normally is used by students who opt for continuing education and who do not seek a degree. This status is permitted for as long as a student desires, but with the following understanding:

  • Courses taken as an undeclared student do not automatically apply to any degree.

  • If a student decides at a later date to enter a degree programme, he or she should complete and submit a request form for a change of programme.

  • The student may petition for courses taken as an undeclared student to be accepted toward the degree programme as appropriate. In some cases, if there has been a significant interval between the time a course was taken and the request for a change of programme, a course may need to be “updated” (repeated). This is especially true in technology areas such as Computer Science, where course content can change significantly.

  • A student may be admitted under undeclared status and take the requirements for a minor.

  • The transcript would include the courses taken but the minor would not be listed.

  • If the student graduated previously, the minor cannot be added to the previous degree.

Retroactive Admissions

Students who have registered for and taken course work but who have never been admitted to USC programme may not be admitted retroactively, regardless of the cause of the omission, after more than five calendar years from the start of the first of such a course.