This Is Your Time. You Are Invited.
Although we won't have the opportunity to welcome you on campus, we'd like to invite you to take part in a special virtual experience. And we encourage you to return to the website throughout April, as we will be continually adding new features to help you explore what your future as a USC student will look like.
PUC seeks to re-enforce the academic foundation of GCE/CXC/CSEC graduates, as well as mature applicants desirous of entering the academic system. This three (3) month program allows successful students the pathway to degrees in the areas of Social Sciences, Business, Humanities and Theology and Religion. The program has three intake cycles per year, these being January, May, and September. A Certificate of Achievement will be given to students who successfully pass the course with a C+ or above. Students receiving a passing grade of C+ will be offered pathways to degrees in the areas identified above.
PUC course offering
- Foundation Mathematics
- Academic Skills & English Language
- Foundation of College Success & Career Planning
- Foundation of Information Technology
Please note the following:
- The Pre- University Courses taken are not transferrable to any degree program at USC.
- Note that students who pursue this program will not be employed as teachers in the Teaching Service Commission of Trinidad and Tobago.
- The course is only run when 10 to 12 persons are registered
Entering the program
Three (3) CSEC passes including English (General Proficiency, Grades I or II and from 1998 Grade III) and must be twenty-one (21) years and older.
The following supporting documents are required.
- Completed application form. Application forms can be collected and submitted at the Student Advisement Centre and Office of Admissions.
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Receipt of Payment ( The Application Fee of $100 TT is Non-refundable)
- Validated Copies of the Following: I.D./Driver’s Permit/Passport, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate (If Applicable)
- $3,000 TT
- Application Fee - $100 TT
Advisement office information
- Director, Freshmen Advisement
- Phone: 1-868-662-2241 Ext 1601/1602/1604/1605
- Email: email@example.com