The school years are some of the most formative. The challenges that accompany these years aid in shaping the lives and future of our children and it is therefore important that they receive support to deal with those challenges. Guidance and counselling play one of the most important roles in providing clarity and direction to children and adolescents at a time when it is most needed.
About the programme
This program provides an overview of guidance and counselling in schools for both practitioners and other interested individuals. It will cover the components of guidance and counselling, skills, school discipline, sex and sexuality and the counselling of adolescents among other areas. It is specially designed for past students of USC who graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Behavioural Sciences prior to 2014 and other Social Sciences graduates and professionals in the church and beyond.
What you'll gain
At the end of this eight-week course, you will be awarded the Guidance and Counselling in Schools Professional Certificate. Furthermore, you will be better equipped to successfully compete for jobs, and offer improved care and guidance to those you serve.
- Learn how to understand and analyze psychological patterns.
- Learn how to create a safe space and provide positive direction for young and impressionable minds.
- Become more adept in dealing with and supporting children and adolescents through their challenges.
Cost & payment
Price: $3,200.00 | 50% discount for graduates of USC with a BSc in Behavioural Sciences prior to 2014.
Programme delivery information
• Programme Commencement: January 28, 2018
• Programme Duration - Eight (8) weeks
• Class Times - Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:55 pm to 7:20 pm
• Delivery Mode - Live
• Venue - USC Main Campus, Maracas Valley, St. Joseph
Registration & payment options
Make payments via bank deposit in Trinidad at any branch of RBC Bank in US dollars or TT dollar equivalent. Make payable to the University of the Southern Caribbean: School of Business & Entrepreneurship (AMLFC).
• If you’re paying in TT dollars, RBC Bank – Account number 1000-810-705-3657 6
• If you’re paying in US dollars, RBC Bank – Account number 1000-180-103-1657 3
• Please make reference to PDI - Guidance and Counselling in Schools Short Course
After payment, email a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make payments to the USC Cashier at the USC Main Campus, Maracas Royal Road, Maracas St. Joseph.
• Payments can be made between the hours of 9:00 am - 4:30 pm Mondays - Fridays and from 8:30 am - 11:30 am on Fridays.
• Please make reference to the PDI - Guidance and Counselling in Schools Short Course
After payment, email a copy of the receipt to email@example.com.