Graduating students information
USC’s Graduation 2019 Weekend is here!
The University of the Southern Caribbean wants to help make the entire Graduation weekend a special occasion for graduates, their families and guests, by providing all information Commencement and other Graduation activities.
There will be one rehearsal for Graduation at the University Auditorium, USC Main Campus.
Date: Thursday, June 27, 2019
Time: 4:00pm to 6:00pm
Graduates to assemble by 3:45 pm
Meeting and seating
Please take note of the following locations:
- Rows 1-5 - NB 1 and 2 (Ground Floor Social Science Building)
- Rows 6-8 - HE1 (Upstairs Kennedy Arts Building)
- Rows 9-10 - HE2 (Downstairs Kennedy Arts Building – to the back, close to water cooler)
- Rows 11-12 - NE1 (Upstairs Kennedy Arts Building – to the back)
- Row 13 - NE2 (Downstairs Kenney Arts Building – to the front)
NB// The same locations will be used on the Commencement Day.
The graduation seating chart will be published on June 17th, 2019
Attendance at the Commencement is mandatory (except with approved absentia form). Deadline for absentia forms to be returned with receipt of payment to the Records Office is May 20th, 2019
Friday, June 28 2019, 7:00pm
ALL Graduates to assemble by 6:00 pm @NB 1&2. Ground Floor, Social Sciences Building
Guests to be seated by 6:30 pm @ University Auditorium, USC Main Campus
Saturday, June 29, 2019, 10:30 am
ALL Graduates to assemble by 9:30 am @ NB 1&2. Ground Floor, Social Sciences Building
Guests to be seated by 10:00am@ University Auditorium, USC Main Campus
Evening of Tributes
Saturday, June 29, 2019, 4:30 pm
Graduates and guests to be seated by 4:00 pm University Auditorium, USC Main Campus
Sunday, June 30, 9:00 am
Guests to be seated by 8:30am@ University Auditorium, USC Main Campus
Graduates to assemble by 7:30 am.
Arrival and Vesting of Graduates
Graduating students must arrive one-and-a-half hours before graduation commencement for registration and vesting.
N.B. Graduands are advised to walk with at least six safety pins and two hair clips to hold your hood and cap in place.
Information for graduating students
- Regalia Distribution: June 24 - 26, 2019. 8:30 am - 6:00 pm & 8:30 am - 12:30 pm on the 27th of June, 2019
Location: LH3 (Ground Floor, Administration Building)
- Return Regalia: July 3, 2019. (8:00am - 5:00pm)
Kente cloth & medallions (optional)
If you are interested, note the following
- Cost: $295.00
- Payment must be made to Ms Marlene Roach (located in the Admissions & Records office)
- Deadline for Kente Cloth payment has already passed.
- Cost for wooden medallion: $65.00
- Cost for gold plated medallion: $75.00
- Payment must be made to the Office of the Registrar.
- Deadline for medallion payment has already passed.
Graduating class list and executive for 2019
We will occasionally update you with relevant information regarding your requirements for graduation. If you are unsure about your status, please visit the records office and we will be happy to assist you.
- List of Prospective Graduands - June 2019 (Final)
- Graduation clearance notice from Finance Department
Graduating students key links
Other important information regarding your graduation is provided below or visit the graduation section directly. Students are advised to pay full attention to all information. It is imperative you do.
General graduation FAQs
When will I receive my diploma?
Once students are financially cleared (this includes GATE clearance), Diplomas will be available from Wednesday, July 31, 2019.*Letters of completion may be requested in during the interim, providing that all grades have been submitted.
I am unable to pick up my diploma. What are my options?
Diplomas can be received via express mail. You must submit a letter including the following information (along with proof of payment) to the Records Office:
- Your Name
- USC ID Number
- Personal Phone Number (preferably mobile)
- Degree Earned
- Complete address (no P.O. Boxes) to which the diploma is to be mailed
- Your Signature
Please note that your diploma can only be released if you have Financial Clearance
Someone may collect on your behalf, proving that a signed authorization letter and proof of person (present National ID Card or Passport) is provided.