Early Scholar Programme
About the programme
The Early Scholar Programme is a university transition programme designed to give aspiring university students who are still in high school the opportunity to advance themselves and gain university credits over the Summer break (July-August, 2018). This programme which targets fourth and fifth form students offers you an advantage over your counterparts who will have only completed high school.
What you'll gain
At the end of the programme, students who have passed all courses with at least a "C" grade will be awarded a certificate. The foundation certificate will allow you to enter into a USC programme of choice, once you have the required CSEC subjects or high school diploma.
Programme outcomes & benefits
- A 6-week/6 credit programme taught by lecturers/subject matter experts from the comfort of your home
- An opportunity to save time
- An opportunity to save money
- Gain transferable credits while still in high school
- Make new friends from across the region
USC Main Campus, Royal Road,
Maracas, St. Joseph
Phone: 1 (868) 612-4USC ext. 1670/1651
The Early Scholar programme is offered online. However, there is a campus experience component which is optional. You are invited to visit Trinidad & Tobago to be part of campus cultural experience. A number of activities are planned to allow you to witness first-hand, the USC campus and the Trinidad & Tobago. Students and parents from overseas are invited to take part in this experience to get to know more about Trinidad & Tobago.
Schedule of activities
- Day 1 - Tuesday 10th July: Arrival on USC Campus
- Day 2 - Wednesday 11th July: Registration & Opening Ceremony - Campus Showcase & Tour- Tour/ trip to South Trinidad (Opportunity for shopping included)
- Day 3 - Thursday 12th July: Tobago Trip & Guided Tour
- Day 4 - Friday 13th July: Tour/trip to Port of Spain
- Day 5 - Saturday 14th July: The Caring University Church experience- Nature tour to Toco: Turtle Watching
- Day 6 - Sunday 15th July: Farewell & Departure
Cost, registration & payment
|Item||Non-Local||Local (residents of Trinidad & Tobago)|
|Tuition||US $240.00||US $240.00|
|General Fee||US $ 45.00||US $ 45.00|
|Online Course only - Total||US $285.00||US $285.00|
|Trip to Tobago||US $160.00|
|Online courses + Trinidad & Tobago Tour||US $690.00|
- Online Course Only: - $285.00 USD
- Online Course + Trinidad Visit: Non-Local - 690.00 USD
- Overseas parents or guardians accompanying students will be required to pay USD $450.00. This will cover accommodation, meals and all tours within Trinidad & Tobago.
Programme delivery information
- Programme Commencement: July 2, 2018
- Programme Duration - Six (6) weeks
- Delivery Mode - Online
Registration & payment options
Make payments via bank deposit in Trinidad at any branch of RBC Bank in US dollars or TT dollar equivalent. Make payable to University of the Southern Caribbean: School of Distance Education.
- If you’re paying in TT dollars, RBC Bank – Account number 1000-810-705-3657 6
- If you’re paying in US dollars, RBC Bank – Account number 1000-180-103-1657 3
- Payments made to the university finance office. Please make reference to the School of Distance Education (Early Scholar Programme
After payment, complete the registration form uploading a copy of the receipt.
Make payments via wire transfer, using our wire transfer information.
After payment complete the registration form, uploading a copy of wire transfer transaction.