USC closes its campus & transitions to its academic plan
16 Mar 2020 | Campus News | Office of the President
Dear USC Community:
I wish to thank you for your continued cooperation and resilience in these unprecedented times.
The University continues to closely monitor the spread of COVID-19 throughout Trinidad and Tobago and the region especially as additional cases have been confirmed. We are taking all necessary precautions in line with the recommendations by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago and all regional governments and as a result, we wish to provide you with the following updates:
- With immediate effect our Main campus, South and Tobago extension campuses will be closed until April 20, 2020.
- Effective March 23, 2020 until further notice, all classes will be conducted virtually via a distance education approach. Full details of this plan is available on the USC website.
- The week of the 16th – 19th March is our week of transition to Distance Learning. During this period, the School of Distance Education will commence training for all faculty and students to facilitate the distance learning model. Lecturers will take this time to load all their information on Aeorion (our student management system) in preparation of teaching via distance by the week of the 23rd March until the end of the semester.
- Our residence halls will be closed from March 22, 2020 until further advised. We encourage our international students residing at our dormitories to return home to their loved ones at this time. Any student having challenges meeting this date kindly liaise with your dean.
- Residents living on our main campus are kindly asked to follow all the essential health practices as outlined by the Ministry of Health and also notify the command centre if and whenever you are expecting external visitors.
Kindly note the following key contact details:
Command Centre / Head of Security
Senior Safety Officer
Shelly Ann Madansingh
Office of the Provost / Academic Administration
Dr. Wanda Chesney, Provost (Ag.)
+ (868) 499.6603
Dean of Distance Education
Dr. Leroy Hill
Marketing & Communication
We will keep you the university community updated as circumstances evolve. For additional information, please visit the USC website.
Dr. Hilary Bowman