Student's Commencement checklist
Academic dress (regalia)
The USC requires its graduating students to be attired in USC's academic dress for its commencement exercise, which is normally rented for the duration of graduation weekend. A rental pack includes tassel, hat and gown. Details on donning your robe and more is provided. Information on the current year's graduation will be posted on our various communication platforms.
There are a number of key dates student will need to keep in mind. Please note the following graduation activities.
- Visit to your Student Finance adviser to review your account.
- Kente cloth & medallions deadline to pay for. Kente cloth & medallions are optional.
- Graduation mixer
- Regalia Distribution
- Due date to return regalia
- Sabbath "Evening of Tributes", where we show gratitude, admiration and share testimonials to the person/s who has seen you through your sojourn at USC!
- For interested students this is also the option of purchasing flowers for family members during the graduation weekend.
Guest tickets, and information for guests
Information on securing tickets for guests and family members, seating at the graduation venue and other event information are provided on the current year graduation page.
Our Graduation ceremonies are live-streamed and link to the service will be provided during Graduation weekend.
Your graduation day is special! The University provides each graduating student with an official photograph that is taken at the point each student receives their degree or diploma. Students wishing to take other photos during this time, are asked to follow the guidance and direction of event ushers.