The school is affectionately referred to as 'school of the prophets' and seeks to foster development for responsible Christian service. Our students are immersed into church ministry during their academic programme, with final year students being assigned to a local church.
The School of Theology seeks to equip, enable, and empower men and women for the gospel ministry, Bible teachers for the conventional school context, and Bible instructors for the local church and home settings within the Conferences and Missions of the Caribbean Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
Every ministerial student having a deep sense of his/her high calling to greater service, and possessing the spirituality and skills required to perform ministry successfully
- That Theology majors shall develop academic and professional competence to function effectively as preachers, pastor-teachers, evangelists, counsellors, youth leaders, and health educators.
- That Religion majors shall acquire the academic and professional skills to function as Bible teachers, chaplains, and Bible instructors.
- That Theology and Religion graduates shall acquire the preparation that shall equip them to continue their studies in seminaries and universities.
That Theology and Religion majors, as well as students of other disciplines, develop the following:
- An understanding and appreciation of the Bible as the written Word of God.
- An appreciative grasp of the historical background and prophetic guidance of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- An unbiased understanding of other religious beliefs, recognizing that all men are brothers to be loved and served.
- A personal religious philosophy that will serve as the basis for a Christian home and be applicable to contemporary society.
- Attitudes and skills leading to active participation in the work of the Church.
Many students find employment as ministers within the Conferences and Missions of the Caribbean Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. The department seeks to prepare students for tertiary studies regionally or internationally.